Tuesday, September 23, 2008

thoughts on work

i am kind of regretting not taking paper source up on the offer for the 4th and final itnerview for assistant manager. when i drive to carlsbad, i don't regret it, because i would hate hate hate the commute. it's just TOO far to go. but, i'm seriously, seriously, seriously, in need of a creative job. i can't sit in an office any longer. i need to be interacting with people, inspiring people, making art, around pretty paper and stamps and pens and stickers and cards and stationery. i need to be an idea person. i need to help others make beautiful projects. i need to plan. i need to organize. i need to have the freedom to create. i need to wake up in the morning (most mornings, at least) and be glad that i get to go to work. i am waiting for a new door to open - waiting, praying, hoping - searching. scouring the internet for opportunities, and networking. networking is key.

sigh.

3 comments:

marta said...

actually, you need to go back to school to become a speech therapist/audiologist (or whatever else you want to be). sure it will take a while to get there, but there is no more creative/inspiring/exciting place than the classroom. do it. you know you won't regret it. you aren't going to find your dream job working with people, etc without going back to school first, and you know it. hate to be the barer of bad news. good luck!
love, your (blunt) sister

Jamie said...

I'm with you! I feel the same way but sometimes feel "stuck". I hope something opens up for you soon. Thanks for the comment on my art journal page. I really appreciate it. :)

Hi I'm Debee :) said...

sweetness,
invite creativity in
let yourself use pretty stamps on some envelopes at work
give yourself the opportunity to not "be creative" as a job but rather as a fun exciting and relaxing outlet.
I work in a highly stress filled job and honestly, I've learned that I would rather not treat my passion as "work" but rather my loving creative passion.
Give yourself time
you will find it. :)
hope and love for you
-d