Wednesday, May 14, 2008

i could spend hours looking at scrapbooking products

i went to two scrapbook places this week that i had never been (one is BRAND new) ... the first place i went, "scrapbook your life" - was not such a great experience. it's HUGE which you'd think would mean a TON of GREAT inventory, but not so much. i was VERY disappointed in the selection and in the knowledge of the employee. she was clueless about their stock and just in general about scrapbooking product lines. they didn't have ANY of the hambly, KI pop culture, love elsie, or thickers that i wanted. i did get a few pieces of sassafrass paper. i was so sad when we left because i was hoping for some good new stuff to play with.

BUT, today was TOTALLY AMAZING. i went to Paper Tales, an awesome little paper boutique that JUST opened this month. IT IS AMAZING. first, it is decorated beautifully. it's cozy and welcoming and feels like a place you could spend time, not just a giant faceless warehouse. it has personality and feels like someone's studio. i think i loved it even more because it totally matches my decorating tastes. ANYWAY, the inventory was great. all the new lines that i had seen online - got some hambly, and HEATHER BAILEY! ah! also got a few other things ... can't remember off the top of my head and too lazy to go upstairs to the craft studio ... sorry! SO FREAKING AWESOME. anyway i felt like such a dork while i was there because i was totally just gushing over the place. the owner, michelle, was friendly and knowledgeable and we talked about blogworld, which obviously was exciting since the only other person i really talk to it about is the boy, greg, and he's clearly not that interested in my paper / blog obsession. SO, the bottom line is that if you are in san diego, you must must must go to this shop. i can see myself spending a LOT of time there in the future.

ok, time to go play with my new stuff!

2 comments:

Kat Baker said...

Hi
Thanks for the critique on the new Paper tales. I can't wait to check it out. I love to scrapbook too and I do a lot of blog surfing, and believe it or not, I'm also a cancer. It was cool to run across someone's blog who is from SD. If you ever get to No. SD, check out Cool Scrapbook Stuff in Poway. It's a great store. They have wonderful classes. I also took a class at Pink Pineapple that was great. Check their websites on my blog.
Take good care,
Kat

dainjb said...

you should definitely check out Paper Tales. I've been Cool Scrapbook Stuff too - it's definitely a great one :). I haven't taken classes yet. Good to meet you in blogworld, I'm excited to find some San Diego scrappers! -Dain