Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I have loved Rachel's Art Journal class. It's been nice to work on something different - and in a lot of ways it's more up my alley than traditional scrapbooking. Guess it's that inner Art Therapist in me. I wish wish wish I had a camera to take pics of the pages I've done, even though most aren't complete yet since I don't have pictures to use! It's kind of hard a)not having a camera (other than a polaroid) and b)having lost all of my pictures when my harddrive crashed. SO, i'm hoping i can borrow a camera soon so I can finish the prompts - though the ones without pictures I've finished, and I've worked on the backgrounds and journaling for those that do need pictures. She's offering up a new set of prompts - on sale now at her etsy shop, here. I'll be signing up, of course.

I finished the mini book for my sister to take to South Africa (just in time, she leaves next week!) It turned out cute. Used mostly Heather Bailey's line. Super adorable. I hope it doesn't get trashed in her travels - a little worn is ok, of course, it adds character.

I have decided that I want to look more seriously in to opening a business. Not next week, not next month, maybe not next year. But in the next 5, I'd like to open up a shop. I know I have it in me - and I know that I want so badly to create a space that mixes the things I love - art, stationery, home decorating. A little botique of beautiful accessories, artsy touches, some jewelry, some bath products perhaps. I really want my friend Carrie to do this with me - she's an interior designer and has a great eye, I think it'd be fun and rewarding. And it's just something that's in me - I've tried to run away from it, but I really know that at the end of the day I want to have a business. We'll see, it's a long long way off.

Alright for now, back to the day job - perhaps a flickr inspiration post later tonight! Need to get some color on this blog!

xox, dain

No comments: